In most circumstances, Blu-ray player devices can be linked directly via cable lines to other audio recipients, computer monitors, and desktop PCs. And many of us will choose Blu Ray’s video output and stereo sound for a more realistic home movie theatre experience.
Blu-ray players use high-definition Blu-ray discs to transmit data and show the resulting signal on a television screen. As a high-definition (HD) device, the Blu-ray player performs optimally when linked to a high-definition tv.
If you don’t have a Tv, you can use a special adapter cable to connect the Blu-Ray player to a computer display. Today, we’ll explore the most accessible methods for connecting a Blu Ray Player to a Computer Monitor.
HDMI, component video and digital audio, stereo analogue audio, and Ethernet are standard Blu-ray player ports. To test whether you can connect Blu-ray players to a computer monitor, you may have several popular connecting choices.
You can connect a Blu-ray player to a computer monitor through HDMI as long as your computer monitor has HDMI connectors. Another option would be to use the wireless function of the laptop to connect to the Blu-ray player’s WIFI.
Blu-Ray Player in a Standalone Mode
Suppose the Blu-ray player is a standalone device built to play movies discs and output to a television screen, and you wish to utilize it as an external Blu-ray driver for your computer monitor.
In that case, things might quickly become problematic due to various technical issues. The most accessible and most efficient method is to obtain a Blu-ray computer driver and a Blu-ray player or BD ripper software.
However, suppose you’re curious and want to attempt it. In that case, you can consult the “Technical Feasibility of Connecting a Regular/DLNA Blu-ray Player to Computer monitor” section below to obtain the necessary information.
Alternatively, if you possess a desktop pc, you can connect the Blu-ray player to the monitor through an HDMI cable.
For home entertainment purposes, you may be seeking a way to connect a DLNA-enabled Blu-ray Disc player to a computer and stream media such as music, video, and images. Yes, these are also included.
Connect a Standard Blu-Ray Player to a Computer Monitor by Using HDMI port
- A standalone Blu-ray player connects to a computer monitor via HDMI.
- If your desktop computer has an HDMI connector, you can connect the Blu-ray player to the monitor and set the monitor’s input to HDMI.
- The annoying thing is that you’ll need to change the source on your computer if your monitor has several HDMI connectors.
- Otherwise, you’ll have to unplug your computer’s HDMI cable and reconnect it to your Blu-ray player to your computer monitor whenever you want to watch something on it.
- If your computer configuration includes several monitors, you can watch your favourite movies on one monitor while gaming or working on the other.
How to Use HDMI-to-VGA Cable to Connect a Blu-Ray Player to a Computer Monitor?
- Hook your HDMI-to-VGA cable’s HDMI end to the HDMI port on your Blu-ray player.
- Plug the HDMI-to-VGA cable’s VGA end to the rear of your computer monitor’s VGA port.
- Connect one end of your RCA (red and white) audio cables to your Blu-ray player’s RCA ports.
- Plug the opposite end of your RCA audio cables into your audio device’s RCA input ports. This device could be a stereo, television, or any other audio-transmitting device with RCA connections.
- You may now Turn your computer monitor, Blu-ray player, and audio equipment. The computer monitor will now communicate your Blu-ray player’s visual signal, while the audio device will relay the player’s audio signal.
How to Connect a DLNA Blu-Ray Player to the Computer Monitor?
The DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) technology enables users to stream media files such as music, movies, and photos stored on their computer’s hard drive to a DLNA-compatible Blu-ray Disc player over their network.
Therefore, if you want your Blu-ray player to access material stored on your computer monitor, including data stored in iTunes or iPhoto, you must first learn about the connection of Blu Ray Player to a Computer Monitor. Then configures the DLNA feature on your computer to exchange media files in this section.
Maintain a Proper Connection
- To begin, you’ll need a functional broadband connection and a router.
- Then, using network cables or wirelessly, connect your Blu-ray Player to your PC/Mac via this router.
- However, it is strongly advised that these devices be connected using Ethernet cables because you will receive the best functionality and be immune to radio frequency interference.
- Refer to the example below to connect your DLNA Blu-ray player to your PC successfully.
Configure the Computer Monitor’s DLNA function
After connecting your computer monitor and DLNA Blu-ray player through the network, you can follow the instructions below to configure the DLNA feature on the computer monitor.
- On the keyboard, press “Wins key + I.” It will open the Windows Settings dialogue box.
- Select the Devices icon. Click the Add Bluetooth or other devices button in the new window.
- Select the Everything else tab and check the box next to “Xbox controllers with Wireless Adapter, DLNA, and more”. Then, from the prompt box, locate your Blu-ray player and pick to connect it to the DLNA network.
Connect a Blu-ray player To a Computer Monitor by Using BD Player
The best method for watching Blu-ray on a Computer monitor is to connect a Blu-ray computer drive and use Blu-ray player software. Such as Tipard Blu-ray ripper or Aiseesoft Blu-ray player eliminating all of the headaches mentioned above.
This way, you’ll have complete control over the playback. Additionally, it will restore the video to its original uncompressed state.
To begin, follow the instructions below.
- Connect and configure your computer’s Blu-ray drive
- An external Blu-ray player is easy to connect and configure, regardless of whether the computer is a laptop or a desktop.
- Connect it to your computer monitor and install the driver software to get started playing Blu-ray discs.
Once the Blu-ray player is linked to your computer monitor, you may use Blu-ray player software to play the disc or a Blu-ray ripper to capture your Blu-ray disc collection.
How to Use Blu-ray Player Aiseesoft to Connect Computer Monitor and Blu-ray Player?
It is an excellent Blu-ray and Media player software that enables you to play Blu-ray discs, videos of different resolutions on your computer monitor.
Follow these steps to play a Blu-ray disc on your computer monitor:
- Select the Win button. Download and install the Blu-ray Player on your computer monitor. You should insert the Blu-ray disc into the Blu-ray drive.
- Click Open Disc from the BD player program’s interface and navigate to a Blu-ray disc or folder to play. The software will then begin loading.
- You can find the Blu-ray menu here. Select the subtitles or audio track you prefer and hit the Play Movie button to start the movie.
How to Connect Blu-Ray Player and Computer Monitor Wirelessly?
If your computer display lacks an HDMI port, you can use this method to connect your computer monitor to your Blu-ray player through wifi.
- Turn on both the computer monitor and the external Blu-ray player.
- Ascertain that the wireless environment is operational.
- Confirm the WIFI connection on the computer monitor to ensure that all guests have the same internet connection. Turn on the Blu-ray monitor and select the appropriate display input option, such as HDMI 2.
- Navigate to the Home page using the remote by clicking the “Home” button.
- Select “Network Settings” from the menu bar.
- In the main stage, there is a menu group. Select “Setup” with the arrow keys to the left. Down arrow until “Network Settings” displays.
- Proceed to the “Wireless Network” configuration.
- Choose “Internet Settings” from the “Network Settings” menu. Then click “Wireless Network.” Scan, wifi secured setup, and manual registration are all options. Choose the second option to configure your network if your router supports WPS automatically. Otherwise, press enters to start the scan.
- A list of available networks will come shortly. Under “IP address and proxy server”, select “Auto”. Then, using the right arrow key, select “Save & Connect.” Finally, a notification confirms the present status. “OK” should be used for all items. Click the OK button,
Frequently Asked Question
What Can Devices Play Blu-ray?
You can only play Blu-ray discs on Blu-ray drives and devices. A Blu-ray disc on a CD or DVD player you can’t play.
There are, however, multiple manufacturers of Blu-ray disc players, and many new PCs come equipped with Blu-ray drives. Sony’s PS 3 and 4 and Microsoft’s Xbox One are also Blu-ray capable.
Can You Play Any Dvd on a Blu-ray Player?
All Blu-ray players can also play traditional DVDs and CDs, allowing you to use a single player for all of your discs. Specific versions may also play specialist discs, including audiophile Super Audio CDs (SACDs).
What Happens When a Blu-ray Disc Is Inserted Into a DVD Player?
On a DVD player, you can’t play a Blu-ray Disc because the discs contain significantly more visual and audio data than a DVD device is capable of reading.
Because the discs contain more visual and audio data than a DVD player is designed to read. The holes on the disc are where Blu-ray Discs (and DVDs and CDs) store their video and audio data.
There are a few different methods to connect a Blu-ray player to a computer monitor. The first step is to determine whether HDMI is available and connect a Blu-ray player to a computer monitor through HDMI. If you cannot locate HDMI, you can use WIFI to link the computer monitor to the Blu-ray player.
You can link your Blu-ray player to your computer monitor with BD Player or Ripper Software to watch movies or connect a DLNA Blu-ray player to your computer monitor for home entertainment.
Apart from that, you may download a Blu-ray player application, which will save you a lot of time and aggravation. After reading this tutorial, I hope you’ve figured out How to Connect a Blu Ray Player to a Computer Monitor?