If the water on the LCD screen is visible on display or if you even suspect that water may have reached your screen, the warranty on your LCD computer screen.
This is also true for any other LCD. It would assist if you took action quickly since leaving moisture unmanaged in the LCD screen will undoubtedly cause irreversible damage.
If you clear the moisture as soon as possible, then both the screen and the rest of the system have an opportunity to regain and resume their usual processes, which will result in a standard display.
Various Methods to Remove Water From LCD Screen
By using various methods you can eliminate water from LCD screen:
Method 1: By Using Paper Towel
Follow the steps mentioned below to remove water from LCD screen:
Step 1: Shut down your LCD Display
It would be best to shut down your computer as soon as you notice wetness on your LCD especially in your computer’s LCD. You will severely damage your computer if water gets into a live circuit.
Step 2: Detach the Batteries
Remove the batteries from a laptop or the monitor display’s cords after the power has been switched off and everything has been shut down. Remove everything.
Step 3: Blot the Keyboard
Dry the keyboard and screen with a paper towel to remove external moisture. Remove as much water as possible from the outside of the computer to prevent it from getting inside.
Step 4: Use Fan to Evaporate Properly
Make sure the computer is next to a fan to help with evaporation.
Method 2: By Using Bag of Rice
You can buy a large sack of rice and place it in a storage container big enough to contain the computer and rice together, such as a bucket.
Step 1: Initiate by putting half of the liquid in the container with rice, then place the laptop or LCD on top of the rice and add further until it is completely covered. It makes no difference what type of rice you use. Try to find the least expensive option.
Step 2: You can create An arid environment by using rice. Using rice to dry off water damage to your LCD screen is good. You can fix most electronic gadgets by using this method to remove water from them. The screen should be left in the rice for 24 hours.
Step 3: Remove the screen and use a soft towel to remove any residue left behind by the rice.
Method 3: By Using Vacuum Pump
If you have accessibility to a vacuum, you may be able to remove a significant amount of the moisture from the LCD Display by using the vacuum. To know How to Remove Water From LCD Screen by utilizing vacuum paper, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Put your hand around the end of the vacuum’s hose to create a suction cup, and then use it to pull any liquid or moisture out of the battery compartment and any ports on the LCD Display that may have been affected.
Step 2: Before using a vacuum, you should probably ground yourself to get rid of some of the static charges that have perhaps built up in your body. It can help prevent accidents.
Step 3: You can discharge any static energy building up in your body. And it would be best if you protect yourself from receiving an electric shock by touching a metal table, a metal service sitting on the ground, or any plugged-in electrical equipment with a metal ground pin.
When removing moisture from an LCD, using silica gel packs works much better than rice and is one of the most effective methods.
Method 4: By Using Silica Gel Packs
- These adorable tiny silica gel packets are meant to absorb moisture, and they do a pretty excellent job.
- If you have a few of these packets hanging around the house, or if you want to buy some online, they are very reasonable.
- In the same way, as with the rice, you can place your LCD Display in a container with a couple of these packets and allow them to begin the process of pulling moisture out of the display while the container remains shut.
Method 5: By Using a Windowsill and Desk Lamp
- If you do not have accessibility to any silica gel packets and are currently out of rice, you’ll be able to set your LCD Display on a windowsill on a hot sunny day.
- You can also put an LCD under the lights of a desk lamp if you have access to either of these alternatives.
- These two sources of heat ought to produce a level of temperature that is sufficient to be applied to the display.
- To hasten the drying process and at the same time without producing an amount of warmth that is excessive and might potentially cause harm to the display.
Method 6: Use Fan To Dry LCD Screen
It used to be simple to remove components from LCDs in the past. But that is no longer the case. We don’t advise dismantling anything, but if you have an outdated display model that isn’t primarily glued together. To that end, if your display permits it, You can try the following actions.
- You can remove the battery if your LCD allows it.
- To remove the battery, press a switch or button on the computer’s underbelly, as seen in the image.
- As a precaution, you can also remove your memory and storage drive to prevent fluids from leaking into the rest of your computer.
- It’s possible to remove panels from the underside of some monitors. However, you’ll need a Phillips or Torx screwdriver to replace them in most cases.
- Simply pressing on the side clips will allow you to remove a memory stick.
- Unscrewing a few additional screws will likely be necessary if you’re working with a solid-state or hard disc.
- You should carefully disconnect the power and data lines.
- Look for any signs of dampness or rust on each component you’ve removed. A cleaned toothbrush dipped in 99 percent isopropyl alcohol can dissolve dirt without damaging the liquid and evaporates without leaving any sticky behind.
- However, dry the affected area entirely before wiping it off if the liquid can be anything other than water.
- Leave everything to air-dry for 2 or 3 days in a warm, dry place after cleaning and inspecting it thoroughly.
- Be sure to brush away any corrosion that may have formed. Use a fan on high to speed up the drying process. Do not use a hairdryer, as this can cause static issues.
- You can test the LCD by reassembling your machine according to the directions in reverse once you’ve dried the parts from disassembling it.
Method 7: By Using Air Dryer to Evaporate Water
To Remove Water From LCD TV Screen, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Turn off the power to your LCD panel, and then take out the battery.
Step 2: Remove any screws that are surrounding the frame. Some laptop frames are attached with screws, while others are connected with a simple click.
Step 3: To remove the monitor frame, you will need to use the little nylon pry tool. First, insert the point of the device beneath the frame’s outside border. Then, gradually work around the frame while prying it gently away from the wall.
Step 4: Remove the display hinge cover by unscrewing and prying off the plastic casings where the screen meets the keyboard. It will show you the wiring for the monitor.
Step 5: Remove the laptop screen by unscrewing and removing any screws or brackets, keeping it in place.
Step 6: To soak up the liquid, use a cleaning cloth designed specifically for LCD screens. You could use a cleaning spray designed specifically for LCD screens in an emergency.
Step 7: It is also possible to use a blow dryer set to a low setting to evaporate the water. Take care not to let the LCD reach an unsafe temperature.
Is There a Waterproofing Option Available to Protect the LCD Screen?
- The KeyCover is an excellent option if you’d like to keep your LCD screen safe from accidental liquid spills in the future!
- Alternatively, you can obtain a whole LCD cover and can also use Surface Type Cover for the top and bottom.
- You could gain an additional layer of security by using a high-quality backpack to carry your gadget.
- Make sure that your cover doesn’t block your display’s ventilation holes.
- If it happens, use scissors and cut the cover’s skin so that you can open the ventilation area.
- Choose a ruggedized display if you work where LCD screen spills and water are regular.
- This gadget has a closed keyboard and additional features to guard against spillage, which can be a challenge with some devices.
Frequently Asked Question
What Is a LCD Cleaner?
Cleaning your electronic devices with the Alcohol-Free Ammonia Free LCD Display Screen Cleaner will not scratch or harm them.
Can You Fix a Water Damaged Laptop Screen?
Wipe away any remaining moisture with an LCD cleaning cloth. If necessary, you can utilize an LCD screen cleaner spray. You could also use a blow dryer to dry off the water on a low setting. Be careful not to overheat your laptop.
How Do I Get Water Spots Off My Computer Screen?
There are screen cleaner wipes available, and you can get them at your neighborhood computer store or even at Walmart. Obtain some of these wipes and use them to clean your screen. You can use alcohol wipes in their place if you cannot locate them.
Your LCD TV is susceptible to water damage from several different sources. It should come as no surprise that one of the most prevalent sources of water damage is liquid coming into contact with the screen.
It can happen due to a leaking roof, a flooded house, or an unintentional spill. However, using the LCD TV in a damp environment might also affect the LCD TV screen.
If you want to Remove Water From LCD Screen, you can use any approach mentioned above. Rice is an absorbent material, but it cannot capture all moisture buried deep within your LCD, so it is only a band-aid solution.