Whether you’re having issues with the internal Display on your MacBook or want to expand your picture quality, connecting your Macbook to an Acer monitor will resolve your issue.
You’ll need the appropriate cable and ports on both to join the two devices. Today, I’ll talk about How to Connect Acer Monitor to MacBook? Using pre-installed software on your MacBook, you can modify the monitor’s parameters to optimize its use.
Acer displays are plug-and-play and should detect themselves instantly when connected to an Apple computer or MacBook. Connect the monitor to the Mac and turn it on.
You may require an adapter if your Mac arrives with a Mini DisplayPort, Thunderbolt, Mini-DVI, or Micro-DVI port, as the majority of Acer monitors come with VGA HDMI DVI or DisplayPort ports.
Your Acer monitors can also connect using an HDMI cable or AirPlay. After connecting your devices, you may alter the monitor’s display settings and configure it as an extended or primary display.
Connecting an Acer Monitor to a MacBook by using a mini-DVI-to-VGA adaptor
Consider the Connectors
Connectors are present on the left side of the MacBook and the Acer monitor’s back.
Examine the Labelled Ports
You can link MacBook to either a DVI or VGA-equipped external monitor. The ports will be labelled on the monitor or have a corresponding icon next to them.
If you’re wondering what an icon represents, consult your user manual’s “Features” section. Ascertain that the port on your Acer display is the correct one.
Connect Both Devices
- Link the connecting cord to the monitor with one end and the MacBook with the other.
- If you’re using a DVI cable, ensure that each end is plugged directly into the device.
- If you’re connecting via VGA cable, you’ll need to use the included mini-DVI-to-VGA adaptor.
- Attach one edge of the VGA cable to the adapter’s VGA port and the adapter’s DVI port to the laptop.
- Connect the VGA cable’s opposite end to the monitor.
Turn on Both Devices
It would be best if you turned on both devices. After your MacBook is powered on, it will automatically recognise and show the desktop on both screens. Your Acer display configures.
Navigate to Setting
- Click the “Apple” icon in the upper left corner of the desktop.
- Choose “System Preferences” followed by “Display” from the drop-down list.
- A new “Display” window will emerge with the available options.
- For example, you can adjust the Acer monitor’s screen resolution, rearrange the displays, and decide whether to mirror the MacBook’s Display or expand the desktops to the Acer monitor.
Connecting Acer Monitor to a Macbook by Using AirPlay
Connect your Display to the same Wi-Fi network as your MacBook. To connect your MacBook to an Acer monitor via AirPlay, you must hook both the monitor and the MacBook to the same wireless connection.
You can Consult your monitor’s user manual or manufacturer’s website to determine how to connect it to a Wi-Fi network. Follow the guidelines mentioned below to know How to Connect Acer Monitor to MacBook?
Turn on Both Devices
- Before you begin, turn on both the monitor and the MacBook.
- You can connect Macbook to any AirPlay-enabled wireless monitor, Apple TV, smart TV, or streaming device.
Navigate to Apple Icon
On your MacBook, click the Apple icon. It locates in the menu bar on the desktop’s upper-left corner. It displays the Apple menu in the form of a drop-down menu.
Tap on System Preferences
You can access System Preferences by clicking on it. It locates in your Mac’s Apple menu.
Toggle the Display Option
It locates behind a monitor-like icon in the System Preferences menu.
Click the Checkbox
- At the end of the Display window, click the checkbox labelled Windows 10 Checked.
- It’s the checkbox next to “When available, show mirroring options in the menu bar.” It activates the AirPlay symbol in the top-of-the-screen menu.
Toggle AirPlay Symbol
- In the menu bar, click the AirPlay symbol. It’s the monitor-like icon with a triangle at the bottom.
- It locates in the Menu bar’s upper-right corner. It displays the devices to which you can connect using AirPlay.
Choose Acer Monitor
Select the Acer monitor to which you wish to connect. It opens a pop-up window with two display options.
Choose Mirror the Built-in Display
- If you want the monitor to mirror the Display on your MacBook, choose “Mirror Built-in Display.”
- Select “Use as a Separate Monitor” if you wish to use it as a second display. It connects via AirPlay to the monitor.
Enter the Passcode
- On your Mac, enter the passcode. On some televisions and monitors, You may display a passcode on the screen.
- To unplug the monitor. In the Menu bar, click the AirPlay symbol, then click Turn off AirPlay.
Using a USB-C-to-HDMI Adaptor to Connect Your MacBook to a Monitor
Your MacBook requires an HDMI port or a MiniDisplay Port to connect to a monitor. Specific models of the latest MacBook lack an HDMI or MiniDisplay Port.
These are approximately 3/4 inch broad, with the bottom somewhat narrower than the top.
You will need a USB-C-to-HDMI adaptor to connect your MacBook Air to an Acer monitor.
From Where We Can Purchase a USB-C-to-HDMI Adapter?
If the monitor you’re using lacks an HDMI or Mini Displayport port, you can purchase an adapter from Apple or another electronic store. There are adapters for MiniDisplay-to-DVI and MiniDisplay-to-VGA, as well as HDMI-to-DVI.
Connect Acer Monitor to Macbook
After determining which video output your MacBook uses, you’ll need to acquire either an HDMI or Mini Displayport cable, based on the port on your MacBook.
- Connect the endpoint of your cable to the HDMI or Mini Displayport on your MacBook using the form on end.
- Connect the cable’s opposite end to a free HDMI port on the Acer monitor.
- If your monitor consists of more than one HDMI port, make a note of the correct one you’re connecting. Typically, numbers represent HDMI ports.
- It would help press both the MacBook and the monitor’s power buttons.
- On the monitor, select the appropriate video source. If the video contains more than one HDMI or video input port, click the Source, Input, Video In or similar button on the remote or Display. Choose the number port to which your MacBook is attached.
- Automatically, your MacBook display may appear on the monitor. Move to the next step if it does not display automatically.
- On your MacBook, click the Apple symbol Mac apple. It locates in the menu bar on the desktop’s upper-left corner. It displays the Apple menu in the form of a drop-down menu.
- You can access System Preferences by clicking on it. It locates in your Mac’s Apple menu.
- Navigate to Displays. It locates behind a monitor-like icon in the System Preferences menu.
- Select the Display option. It is the first tab in the Displays window’s top row.
- Hold down the Options key. This results in the appearance of a button labelled “Detect Displays” in the Window’s lower right corner.
Adjust and Rearrange Display Configurations
After connecting an Acer monitor, utilise the Displays preference pane in System Preferences to rearrange the displays, toggle screen mirroring on or off, and make any colour, resolution, and other modifications.
If it continues to malfunction, attempt some of the troubleshooting steps suggested below.
- Verify that the monitor is connected to the Mac and restart the computer while the monitor is connected.
- If you’re currently utilising an adaptor, swap it out.
- On your Mac, open System Preferences, select the Display Settings tab, and then Detect Display.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I Connect an Acer Monitor to a Macbook Pro?
When properly connected to the Apple PC or MacBook, Acer displays are plug-and-play. You may require an adapter if your Mac connects by Mini DisplayPort, Thunderbolt, Mini-DVI, or Micro-DVI, as the majority of Acer monitors connect via VGA, HDMI, DVI, or DisplayPort.
How Do I Setup My Acer LCD Monitor?
Disconnect your PC from the power source and disconnect the power wire from your computer. Connect the blue connectors on the VGA cable to the signal connection on the Display and the blue video connector on the rear of the computer. You should insert the monitor’s power cord into the monitor’s power connector on the back. Your computer and monitor should now turn on.
How Do You Change the Input on Your Acer Monitor?
Press once the farthest one (in a row). It will open a menu labelled “Acer.” Continue running your fingers around the right side until you reach the final to the second button. This section should be labelled “Input.”
Why Can’t My Laptop Detect My Monitor?
A defective, out-of-date, or damaged graphics driver could be one of the primary reasons Windows 10 cannot identify your second PC monitor. To cure this issue, you can either update, reinstall, or roll back the driver to a prior version to repair and restore the connectivity between your computer and the second monitor.
Users love to use Macbooks because it is efficient enough to serve as a business and personal computer. However, there are moments when we choose to connect an Acer monitor to a MacBook because the Macbook’s small screen size can restrict productivity, such as when scrolling through a vast spreadsheet.
By attaching a large Acer monitor to your MacBook, you’ll be able to view a complete spreadsheet or Web page without having to scroll up and down the screen.